gamigo AG: Interim Report July – September 2018
„Das dritte Quartal 2018 war für uns ein guter Start in die zweite Jahreshälfte. Wir haben in diesem Quartal keine Übernahmen durchgeführt und konnten so diese ruhige Phase nutzen, um Unternehmensprozesse noch effizienter zu machen, unsere M&A-Pipeline auszubauen und unsere Finanzierungsseite zu optimieren.“ sagt Remco Westermann, Geschäftsführer der gamigo-Gruppe.
“The third quarter of 2018 was a good start for the second half of 2018. While we haven’t done any acquisition in this quarter, we have used this quiet phase to further drive forward our organizational efficiency, work on our M&A pipeline and work on our financing side,” says Remco Westermann, CEO gamigo Group.
Third Quarter 2018 Highlights
- Net revenues amounted to 10.2 mEUR (Q3 ’17: 9.5 mEUR; corresponding period excl. payment business unit which was sold), which is 8,3% organic revenue growth.
- EBITDA amounted to 2.3 mEUR (Q3 ’17: 1.2 mEUR), which is an increase of 97%.
- The net result for the period amounted to 72 kEUR (Q3 ’17: -592 kEUR).
- Leverage ratio has improved to 2,1 from 3,6 on Dec. 31, 2017.
- B2C Segment: Aura Kingdom, the Anime-MMORPG from gamigo group had a brand-new patch with new monsters and other exciting quests. Furthermore, we closed a sub-license contract with the Asian game publisher Asiasoft for our IP owned MMO Last Chaos.
- B2B Segment: Adspree has had quite an exciting summer. In July we delivered with PUBG one of the biggest campaigns in our company’s history. PUBG Global Invitational 2018 was the first major international tournament organized by PUBG Corporation, with 20 teams competing for a share of the $2,000,000 USD prize pool over four days in the Mercedes-Benz Arena in Berlin.
- Business Units: The Units made further optimization on structure and cost levels, reduced the number of datacenters and back-ends, further streamlined the organization and worked on the M&A pipeline.
The complete Interim Report can be found under the following link:
About gamigo AG:
Since its foundation in 2000, gamigo has developed into one of the leading publishers of free-to-play online and mobile games in Europe and North America. In total, the gamigo Group employs more than 350 employees at its headquarter in Hamburg and branches in Berlin, Münster, Darmstadt, Cologne (Germany), Redwood City, Austin, Chicago (USA), Warsaw (Poland), Istanbul (Turkey), and Seoul (Korea). The company’s core portfolio includes successful gaming titles such as Trove, ArcheAge, Aura Kingdom, Rift, Defiance 2050, Desert Operations, Fiesta Online, Shaiya and Twin Saga. gamigo grows via organic growth as well as through acquisitions and has made over 20 acquisitions since 2013, including games, media and technology companies as well as individual game assets. The media companies adspree and Mediakraft are part of the platform strategy and also provide B2B services to third parties.
About blockescence plc:
blockescence is a strategic investment-holding, that focuses on a buy, build & sell strategy of fast-growing companies in consolidating TMT sectors. The blockescence portfolio companies are growing via acquisitions and organic growth and new technologies are actively used to create USPs and further efficiency within the portfolio companies. An example is the implementation and roll-out of distributed ledger technology (DLT or blockchain-technology) to create competitive advantages in the portfolio companies. blockescence is based in Valletta (Malta), has subsidiaries in Switzerland and Germany and is listed on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange as well as on XETRA.
For further information please contact:
Remco Westermann, CEO
Paul Echt, CFO
gamigo AGPublic and Investor Relations
St. Christopher Street 168
Valletta VLT 1467